Group 49

Nous saisir en médiation de la consommation

Do you have a dispute with a professional?

Consumer mediation is governed by Articles L611-1 to L616-3 and R612-1 to R616-2 of the French Consumer Code.
In application of these Articles, we are competent to resolve consumer disputes with companies and federations that have signed an agreement with the CMAP. As a consumer, you can contact the CMAP using this form.
You can consult the list of professionals concerned by the mediation of consumption of the CMAP here.

You will find below the conditions for validating your referral:

  • You are an individual,
  • The company has signed an agreement with the CMAP,
  • You have made prior written representations to the company more than one month ago,
  • Your application is written in French,
  • You have not referred the matter to another mediator or to the courts,
  • Your request for mediation is made less than one year after your last approach to the company,
  • The dispute falls within the scope of the CMAP,
  • You undertake to respect the confidentiality of the mediation process,

If these conditions are not met, your referral is not validated by the Centre. You will be informed of this within three weeks of receiving your file.
See our rules for the consumer mediation process for more information.

Useful websites:

You are a company and wish to appoint the CMAP as a consumer mediator: contact us.

Frequently asked questions

The CMAP has been relying on a team of lawyers and advisers since its creation in 1995. It thus offers high quality services, within short deadlines and with support that combines confidentiality and efficiency.
The proceedings are supervised by our committees, which guarantee their professionalism and independence.

Alternative dispute resolution is an out-of-court process as opposed to traditional dispute resolution, which involves bringing the dispute before a state judge.

No, either party can freely terminate the process at any time.

Mediation and Conciliation refer to the dispute resolution process in which two or more parties attempt to reach an amicable agreement with the help of a third party.

There are few differences between conventional mediation and conventional conciliation.

However, judicial mediation and judicial conciliation are governed by different laws.

Article 21 of the CPC provides that “it is part of the judge’s mission to reconcile the parties”.

Judicial conciliation is therefore implemented by the judge him/herself or by a court conciliator to whom he/she will have delegated the mission of conciliation.

However, judicial mediation is entrusted to a mediator, an external party to the jurisdiction. As provided in Article 131-1 of the CPC, the judge may designate the mediator if the parties agree. Conciliation is free, whereas mediation is a chargeable service.